Anyone who is interested in hypnosis or the power of the mind knows that the true seat of anyone’s power lies in the depths of the subconscious mind. The subconscious mind is interesting and fascinating. Yet, it is challenging to grasp how it works so you may use its full power solve our issues and augment each side of your life.
Here are some truths about self hypnosis and the subconscious mind made readily available so that you can apply them in your life today to reap the rewards and benefits tomorrow. The 14 laws of the subconscious mind:
1. All hypnosis is self-hypnosis and basically consists of an altered mental condition twined with a heightened ability to focus. It’s a dreamlike hypothetical state between the awakened state and the sleep state. Your eyes can be open or closed during hypnosis. A hypnotist guides you into a dreamlike state, where the subconscious mind takes each suggestion, or proposal, as a fact and then immediately begins to implement that fact as a reality in your life.
2. Everybody goes into states of self hypnosis every day. It is a common state that you find yourself in while daydreaming, recalling past events, reading a book, watching television or doing anything that “gets you lost for a minute”.
3. The subconscious represents about 90% of your mind. Think of your mind as an iceberg with the visible tip representing the conscious mind. Most of the mind is submerged below conscious awareness much like most of an iceberg is hidden beneath the ocean waves.
4. The real essence of you is much more than your brain or body. In fact you are even much more than your mind (after all you can change your mind).
5. You “ego” or personalities consists of memories. It is your past experiences that make up the bulk of your characteristics! A hundred percent of everything you’ve ever thought, dreamt and experienced is stored in the subconscious mind.
6. The subconscious mind is totally developed from the moment you are born. It is responsible for the running and upkeep of your body, brain and mind! It is also responsible for your automatic responses, thoughts and feelings which it believes will protect you an keep you safe!
7. The subconscious mind believes everything it is told and will fight to keep the status-quo. It believes your automatic thoughts and feelings are protecting you regardless of the real effects of them!
8. All dominant thoughts become programs or habits. All habits are stored in the subconscious mind and are played back to the conscious mind like a recording! 9. The subconscious mind is responsible for your automatic thinking and thus your focus. What you focus on, consciously and especially subconsciously, you get more of!
10. Your major issues were programmed into your memories in your first 12 years. Any issues and trials after age 12 are simply triggers or symptoms of the first events.
11. If you have recurring issues in your life they started prior to your teenage years and are just replaying on a loop in the subconscious mind.
12. It takes approximately 31 days to consciously remove a habit or form a new one. However, the subconscious can eliminate an old, or create a new, habit program within seconds.
13. Your values and belief system have been programmed into the subconscious mind by your parents, peers and through early experiences in your life.
14. Beliefs can only be changed consciously through a valid life-changing event. The subconscious mind can change a belief instantly and replace it with a new one.
Through the power of self hypnosis you can easily access the subconscious mind and take advantage of all of the above laws! Is there an area of your life you would like to change? Then try self hypnosis today!